AriaBlarg+Friends Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remember when...?

4 posters

Go down

Remember when...? Empty Remember when...?

Post  RansomSummer Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey all! I busted out my old Pokemon Blue(that's right, I was a Blue player) cartridge and fired it up for a blast to the past. While I was reminiscing, I couldn't help but remember just how many awesome rumors and hoaxes those games had. Immediately, my mind goes to the rumor of getting Strength and Surf HMs and moving the truck beside the SS Anne before completing it early in the game. This in turn would allegedly grant access to all exclusive Mew. I remember trying so hard and eventually actually getting the right circumstances only to have that damn truck not move an inch. My heart sank. But do you all remember MissingNo and all of the hoaxes to somehow unlock "Pikablu", which we all know now as the incomparable Marrill.

Now they don't have to be just from Pokemon, but all the old games like Goldenye with the secret island on the Dam level, the Triforce in OoT, and Lara Croft's nude code in the original game? <---- ;] Please share your memories and experiences, and cherish them as you should where you were so passionate about something only find out that you, along with so many others, had indeed been dooped.
RansomSummer
RansomSummer

Back to top Go down

Remember when...? Empty Re: Remember when...?

Post  Cthulhu Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:53 pm

I remember in FF4 all the elaborate and inevitably bogus things you had to do to revive Palom and Porom. Same for General Leo in FF6, and then Aeris in FF7. Though out of all of those, Leo was the only one I really wanted back.
Cthulhu
Cthulhu

Back to top Go down

Post  RansomSummer Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Agreed! Leo was definitely a character in FF6 I wanted back. Remember trying to unlock Blood, or Ermac in the original Mortal Kombat? haha or oh god, IGN's notorious Shen Long fight....gahh...
RansomSummer
RansomSummer

Back to top Go down

Post  AwesomeBrand Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:27 pm

Cthulhu wrote:I remember in FF4 all the elaborate and inevitably bogus things you had to do to revive Palom and Porom.
Funny considering that they're revived later anyway. They are playable near the end of the GBA and PSP editions of FF4 along with the rest of the characters are party members at one point but leave. All except for Fusoya and Tellah, but these are excusable for story reasons.

I remember there being a supposed cheat code for the original DBZ Budokai that said that Mystic Gohan or some other obviously unplayable character was playable if you beat tournament mode with all characters.
AwesomeBrand
AwesomeBrand

https://www.twitch.tv/awesomebrand

Back to top Go down

Post  StealthKnight Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:05 am

I miss the games where their were many rumors, truths, and hoaxes. It really added some excitement to try to discover something you never seen before. The pokemon rumors and golden eye rumors were my favorite. I was always excited in hopes to see something hidden or something the developers had deactivated but possible to experience again. I don't know if many modern games have those possibilities now.

StealthKnight
StealthKnight

http://www.twitch.tv/stealthknight

Back to top Go down

Post  RansomSummer Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:36 pm

That's sort of what I miss the most, Stealth. The games today almost have TOO much capability. They can pack so many extra things into the code, that there leaves little to no room for rumors anymore. No longer can our imaginations create a new breed of Pokemon that requires a chinese fire drill to obtain. This saddens me. :[
RansomSummer
RansomSummer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum